Apology [asterisk-biz] - A New Phone Service - www.virtualphoneline.com -

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Mar 10 08:35:03 MST 2007

Rehan Allah Wala wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been sent the emails that have been posting on here due to my email that came here.
>
> I wanted to apologize to all and every one, who got offended by this small email, and Just
> wanted to tell what happened.
>
> A new option was added in the VirtualPhoneline.com web site for inviting your Contacts from
> Gmail and yahoo to try out the web site.
>
> I was given a demonstration by the programmer, and was asked to use my gmail id and
> passwd.
>
> My Gmail id had 1250 users, and they were ALL sent this email by the programmer.
>
> I joined the Asterisk List 2 weeks a go only or so, but the contact was in the gmail contact list.
>
> So the preset text went to all my contacts, including the asteirsk biz mailing list and the users
> mailing list.
>
> I also wanted to personaly apologize to Jeremy M. of Nufone who also got my email and got
> pretty upset at me, but asked me not to ever send him an email again, So I am not sending it
> to him, and if any one in Nufone is here, Please have this forwarded to him.
>

> Again, if anyone has been hurt of offended by this email, I am sorry about it.
>
> Rehan

Rehan,

Are you sorry for sending to the lists and individuals by accident or
are you sorry for misrepresenting yourself as a user of a service and
not disclosing your relationship to the company that you are endorsing?

I have seen you do this over and over, pretending to be a user, or not
disclosing that you are affiliated with the company that you are
recommending.  Just search the archives to see many examples.  This is
not ethical.  That is where the anger comes from.  Not from the email
itself, but from your misrepresentations and shady behavior.

Just something to think about, although this has been explained to you
time and time again.  You are possibly breaking the law and definitely
being unethical in your business practices.

Thanks,
Steve