[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Mar 4 02:56:44 MST 2007

On 3/4/07, Anton <anton.vazir at gmail.com> wrote:

> QMAIL is not open source
>
> http://www.qmail.org/not-open-source.html
>
> On 3 March 2007 21:01, Matt wrote:
> > as well as free and open source.

A similar restriction exists with any program named 'asterisk'
http://www.digium.com/en/company/profile/trademarkpolicy.php

According to that URL you arent allowed to use the word asterisk (and
others) if you modify the "original software" at all, so technically you
cant distribute asterisk in any modified way (but you can rename it to
something else if you for example modified the configuration files to ship a
pre-configured system - given that 'code' isnt defined in  that document and
its legal meaning is vague).

Unless of course digium wants to answer my many many month old query as to
whether config files, patches from bugs.digium.com for oh I dont know
security related issues for example, or anything else count.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!