[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Howard White howwhi at usit.net
Sat Mar 3 12:32:23 MST 2007

Matt wrote:
> My points is not that I would rather use Microsoft at all.  Asterisk is
> a really great product and we have it in use at many locations, but I
> get kind of annoyed that every version seems to have more bugs in it
> that keep it from being usable.
>
> Is there a reason Digium can't do a bit better QA on the source before
> releasing it as 'stable'?

Ah, Matt - (a totally unrelated Walt Kelly / Pogo quote) "We have seen
the enemy and they is us!"

This is not intended as a sermon but please remember that Asterisk is an
open source project that Mark Spencer tripped over into as a business
plan.  The quality assurance process is for those of us who use and sell
Asterisk systems to perform.  We contribute, we use and hopefully we buy
interface cards from Digium as a thank you for maintaining Asterisk as
an open source project.

For if it were up to Digium to do all of the exhaustive quality
assurance that you imply, Asterisk would not be open source, freely
available or as useful.

Howard White
president - VCCH, Inc.