[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:15:13 MST 2007

I will admit that 1.4 looks very promising for features and all.   I will
also concede that Asterisk is new software and as a result may not be mature
yet (although, again 1.4 looks good).

Please understand none of my comments today have been a bash or
disgruntledness against Digium.. rather they are frustrations that I
face.... that is that I can't use Asterisk in a production environment
without worrying about it crashing.... because of these issues we have
actually had to standardize on a previous version of Asterisk that we know
to be stable... but of course, this means we have to apply security patches
by hand.... reporting bugs are good, but again... not when my production
server goes down 3 times in a day :)

At any rate, I am over all very happy with Asterisk and Digium.... and
again, please no one should take what I've been saying as me putting down
Asterisk or Digium.. that's not my intent.... I'm just airing some
frustrations myself and others at my company have faced.

If you want thoroughly tested bug-free versions of Asterisk, then you