[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:06:39 MST 2007

Howard,
Actually you have tripped over another bad point and issue I have with
Digium.    First.. see my point about QMail and Dan B.... but to address the
other issue.   Up until recently I have been purchasing Digium cards; after
all.. what better way to support the company that makes the PBX system I
use?

However, we will not be purchasing any more Digium cards until Digium
realizes that PCI is an extremely old standard.  As it stands right now, and
someone may correct me if I'm wrong, all Digium cards are PCI-X, and hence
have issues with sharing IRQs.    Unfortunately, as you will see if you do a
search on the mailing list, most new motherboards insist on sharing IRQs
with things... this causes audio issues.

Until Digium gets with 2007, we will be purchasing Sangoma PCI-express
cards.   I hate to do it, because like I said I want to support Digium, but
their hardware is not staying with the times.

This is not intended as a sermon but please remember that Asterisk is an