[asterisk-biz] LCR tricks

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Fri Mar 2 15:38:02 MST 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Kim C. Callis wrote:

> Of course, that still doesn't really help finding the routes and putting
> them in a table that can be consulted on the fly. Or is there? Open to any
> suggestions or recommendations

  I do this now.  Most providers offer their rate sheet in a CSV format.  I
  wrote a PHP script which runs daily, downloads all of the CSV files (or
  whatever the format is), normalizes the data into a single unified format,
  inserts/updates/deletes rows from a MySQL table.

  Then I have another piece of code embeded into my system that finds the
  lowest rate for a given number and returns the rate and the provider ID
  (internal).  Then my system uses that provider ID to generate a call
  string and dials.

  It wasn't that hard to implement, but requires a FastAGI application
  running for asterisk to connect to to get this information.  The FastAGI
  app keeps a connection to the MySQL DB.  This way Asterisk doesn't have to
  involve itself with MySQL connections.

  Is there an interest in this software?  I could abstract it and sell it if
  there was an interest.  I could also use SQLite instead of MySQL for those
  not interested in running a big DB.  I could also write the fetching
  software in Perl instead of PHP.

Beckman