[asterisk-biz] LCR tricks

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Mar 2 16:28:05 MST 2007

>   It wasn't that hard to implement, but requires a FastAGI application
>   running for asterisk to connect to to get this information.
>  The FastAGI
>   app keeps a connection to the MySQL DB.  This way Asterisk
> doesn't have to
>   involve itself with MySQL connections.

We've been using func_curl to do a lot of integration w/ DB back ends
because it allows the Programmers to work in whatever language they are
comfortable and we can easily cluster and load balance the HTTP requests.
Using AEL and some of Murhphs examples from Astricon, we are able to execute
about 500 lookups / second into our routing datbase.

It doesn't give us the control of the core PBX that FastAGI does, but it
lets us do some really nifty things in the dial-plan. Seems to be rock-solid
so far. Anyone see any issues w/ this approach?

>   Is there an interest in this software?  I could abstract it
> and sell it if
>   there was an interest.  I could also use SQLite instead of
> MySQL for those
>   not interested in running a big DB.  I could also write the fetching
>   software in Perl instead of PHP.

I might be interested in it. Chat with me offline.