[asterisk-biz] LCR tricks

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Fri Mar 2 12:17:14 MST 2007

On 3/2/07, Kim C. Callis <kim.callis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have looked at gazillion ITSP, and studied pricing for various markets
> that I (my client) is interested in. Look most ITSPs, although they may have
> a good price for a particular location, they will usually have a price that
> is 3 or 4 times higher than another provider. I have been taking CDR dumps
> of the various companies that provide the pricing in that format and pull it
> down to Excel (might I add that really, really hate using any type of
> spreadsheet!). I then allow for a search across all of the tables to find
> the best price for a particular route and plug that in to asterisk.
>
> Very, very time consuming at best, and more of than not, a complete PITA.
> If that the only way to do this, or has someone came up with a simpler way
> to figure LCR? I know that voicepulse created some agi module that compares
> their particular rate against a generic rate, and route based upon the
> lowest cost. Sounds nice in principle, but comparing against a single rate
> base does not really help when caller wants to call to Timbuktu, and
> voicepulse evaluation is against the locked rate of $0.02. I am wondering if
> one can take the start that vp has provided and go that extra step to do
> true routing based upon destination?
>
> Of course, that still doesn't really help finding the routes and putting
> them in a table that can be consulted on the fly. Or is there? Open to any
> suggestions or recommendations

there is an effort underway in astpp.org to handle pricelist LCR, make an
A-Z etc, common tasks in a more cohesive manner, it needs work and testing,
especially cater ASR, ACD and other params as part of the 'decision'
processes, so help/experience is appreciated

--
> Kim C. Callis
> kim.callis at gmail.com
> "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
> butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
> accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
> orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
> manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die
> gallantly.
> Specialization is for insects!"
> -- Robert A. Heinlein

wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92(300)8508070