[asterisk-biz] Asterisk TV is about to go live

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:16:39 CDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Bruce Reeves <breeves at nortex-networks.com> wrote:
> I have had no problems from my home "slow" DSL account but when I tried from
> the office I got a connection error message. Is there any information about
> ports used that I can check against our firewall? I tried from outside the
> firewall and it worked great with 5 users online. I really like the stuff I
> have seen so far.

Thanks Bruce,

(btw "slow DSL = 512kB/s? That's probably the bare minimum.)

I'll have to try to figure out the ports situation by sniffing sooner
or later. The Mogulus system is in closed beta and there's little tech
support available for now.

Since I'm back talking about this again, let me add that my real
"dream" for this technology is allowing correspondents to stream live
from interesting conferences and so have a sort of asterisk news
coming from all over. When the stream isn't live, the collection of
canned stuff is of interest if we can keep it fresh.

 Yeah, this is the biz list, but there's no financial reward for any
of this work.