[asterisk-biz] Can asterisk play nicely with a CISCO IAD2431

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Jan 25 14:06:52 MST 2007

>  The Cisco IAD comes in 8FXS, 16FXS, 24FXS and T1/E1 variants.  Specs are
here along with a good visual of the network topography for both TDM and
VoIP.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps887/products_data_sheet09
186a008019aded.html > >
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps887/products_data_sheet091
86a008019aded.html
>  Supports SIP and MGCP, I would think it would work fine, but I do not
have any official documentation of interoperability.  A lot of IP Centrex /
Hosted providers use
> these at the customer prem.  Covad also uses it extensively for their
Integrated Access service.

We have deployed these with Asterisk w/out any problems. SIP works just like
the rest of the Cisco IOS SIP products work, w/ the same quirks. Have
noticed that the FXS ports can be very "fickle" and intolerant of miswiring,
so make sure your Analog wiring plant is clean before you cross connect the
IAD into it.