[asterisk-biz] Verizon wholesale contact

Voip Asterisk asterisk at wideideas.com
Thu Jan 18 23:01:00 MST 2007

On 1/18/07, Wasim Baig <wasim at convergence.pk> wrote:

> You need to colo with them, setup a VPN and route calls over SIP. Its
> primarily geared for heavy aggregator customers and premium routes are not
> extended on it as yet.
>
> If you don't have a business volume exceeding a couple of $000k, it might
> be slightly difficult to sign up since they have large security deposits and
> in some cases it may take many months to establish credit and other
> facilities.
>
> SipA2z offer low markups on top of Verizon and BT as well. They expect to
> add France Telecom and Colt end of next month. This is for wholesale
> customers.
>
> Please contact sales at sipa2z.com directly for further details.
>
> -wasim

I was just talking to another tech here who was part of a team that started
to review their offering (but didn't follow through). He says yes you need
VPN but only for signaling as RTP doesn't travel over it.  Colo wasn't a
requirement but even so shouldn't be a problem as we can obtain colo easily
in one of their POPs.  The only minimum that was mentioned was $500/month
and they were happy to wave that.

Unfortunately the only sales person he had contact for moved to a different
department *sigh*

There are some obvious benefits for being able to partner with someone like
verizon especially when they can do inbound termination for local DIDs in a
market we are trying to enter.