[asterisk-biz] View from a side competitor

Kim C. Callis kim.callis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 22:24:06 MST 2007

I was reading over the Reseller deal with Fonality, and after reading it
over, I found that it didn't seem beneficial. Maybe I am mis-reading what
they are offering, and if someone has has dealing with Fonality, maybe that
person or persons can clarify. If I am reading this correctly, after a
consultant type locks down the sale of Fonality products to the client, the
consultant gets more of less bumped out of residual dealing with the client.
Fonality sells and guarantees the hardware, provides SLA, and handles all of
future sales. Effectively, the consultant does the grunt work, and then is
kicked to the curb once the ink dries on the sales contract.

Does that sound about right, or am I misreading what they are offering?

--
Kim C. Callis
kim.callis at gmail.com
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects!"
-- Robert A. Heinlein