[asterisk-biz] Digium Support Comparison with Sangoma

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Wed Dec 5 17:34:05 CST 2007

	Actually, it is a good idea to let a (qualified) engineer/developer
test tech before releasing it, just not the same developers on the team
that produced it. That's what Beta testing is for; whether by the
public, or just by the other developers working across the hall/network.

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 18:12 -0500, David Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 10:42 -0500, Jim Capp wrote:
> > That's odd, I have *never* had a Digium card fail.  I have personally
> > installed around a dozen without issue.  I've had interrupt and
> > driver
> > issues that were resolved by tech support in a timely manner.
> >

> > Brian West wrote:
> > > Digium and Sangoma work pretty much the same.  If you want quality
> > and
> > > reliability you should get Sangoma Cards.  I have had too many of
> > the
> > > Digium cards fail in the past and have yet to give them a second
> > try.
> > >
> > > /b
> > >
> SNIP
>
> Then you have not been working with the boards for very long. There was
> a rash of problems encountered a couple of years back where Digium had
> to replace a lot due to rev level issues, in addition they seem to have
> a quality issue in any new product that is released.
>
> I believe this comes the old adage of never let an engineer/developer
> test anything as proof of production ready. You have to give things to
> people who don't understand the technology used, but do know the end
> result needed, if you want a truly production ready product.
>
> We have proven this over and over again with our own development cycles
> and product releases.  Having said that I want to give Digium kudos for
> their willingness to replace those items that do fail and provide
> refunds when and if appropriate.
>
> Brian, you should give them another try, things have changed in the past
> couple of years for the better.
>
> db

(C) Matthew Rubenstein