[asterisk-biz] Digium Support Comparison with Sangoma

David Boyd dboyd at ignitetrx.com
Wed Dec 5 17:12:45 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 10:42 -0500, Jim Capp wrote:
> That's odd, I have *never* had a Digium card fail.  I have personally
> installed around a dozen without issue.  I've had interrupt and
> driver
> issues that were resolved by tech support in a timely manner.
>

> Brian West wrote:
> > Digium and Sangoma work pretty much the same.  If you want quality
> and
> > reliability you should get Sangoma Cards.  I have had too many of
> the
> > Digium cards fail in the past and have yet to give them a second
> try.
> >
> > /b

SNIP

Then you have not been working with the boards for very long. There was
a rash of problems encountered a couple of years back where Digium had
to replace a lot due to rev level issues, in addition they seem to have
a quality issue in any new product that is released.

I believe this comes the old adage of never let an engineer/developer
test anything as proof of production ready. You have to give things to
people who don't understand the technology used, but do know the end
result needed, if you want a truly production ready product.

We have proven this over and over again with our own development cycles
and product releases.  Having said that I want to give Digium kudos for
their willingness to replace those items that do fail and provide
refunds when and if appropriate.

Brian, you should give them another try, things have changed in the past
couple of years for the better.

db