[asterisk-biz] Mobile Termination via GSM Gateways

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Fri Aug 3 12:45:33 CDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 01:52:52PM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:

> If you send enough traffic to a mobile carrier to warrant it, you might be
> able to privately interconnect with them via TDM.  Of course, they can be
> very picky about this and generally will thumb their nose at you and tell
> you to go through some ILEC's tandem unless you're Big and Important
> enough, but there may be ways around this.
> But I would think that approach would truly be the cheapest.  Of course,
> I don't know how well it works at the price points associated with access
> circuits for an ITSP, but for a CLEC it seems like a possibility.

It also depends on which country you are in. Some don't allow the use of
GSM gateways (they're not mobile). In the UK you can use a gateway for
your own traffic, but not carry any 3rd party traffic over it.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com