[asterisk-biz] Any battery backup solution for asterisk?

bob murphy springsource at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 08:25:51 MST 2006

Leibert makes UPS/Battery Back up systems that provide power conditioning
and other features specifically for POE systems.  I would look at the
Leibert portfolio over APC.  Of course if this conversation is about what's
cheapest, which tends to be the norm here, then you may need to look
elswhere.  However, feature wise and capability wise, Leibert is a solution
that is very hard to ignore if you are interested in quality.

Bob Murphy
Arreva Communications

On 10/11/06, Howard White <howwhi at usit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 06:48 -0500, Alejandro Lengua wrote:
> > I have seen several public Bids for PBXs in my country and
> > most of them include the requirement of a set for energy backup
> > based on batteries or a UPS.
>
> Add my agreement with earlier replies suggesting Uninterruptable Power
> Systems and Power over Ethernet (to keep IP phones alive).  We would
> need more detail (how many phones, network layout and such) to be more
> specific.
>
> I will say that for most small office situations, we use the APC
> BX1500BP (with the added battery pack).  This product fits the Keep It
> Sweet and Simple (KISS) strategy.
> --
> Howard White <howwhi at usit.net>
> president - VCCH, Inc.