[asterisk-biz] Any battery backup solution for asterisk?

Howard White howwhi at usit.net
Wed Oct 11 07:46:30 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 06:48 -0500, Alejandro Lengua wrote:
> I have seen several public Bids for PBXs in my country and
> most of them include the requirement of a set for energy backup
> based on batteries or a UPS.

Add my agreement with earlier replies suggesting Uninterruptable Power
Systems and Power over Ethernet (to keep IP phones alive).  We would
need more detail (how many phones, network layout and such) to be more
specific.

I will say that for most small office situations, we use the APC
BX1500BP (with the added battery pack).  This product fits the Keep It
Sweet and Simple (KISS) strategy.
--
Howard White <howwhi at usit.net>
president - VCCH, Inc.