[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 31 13:42:45 MST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 15:53, Moshe Maeir wrote:
> I read your whole letter and I really don't understand your  gripe. You
> did not delete all your DIDs.  You had an active DID by them, so they
> charged you. Are they to blame if you forgot to delete it.
> To me it seems that you took unfair advantage of the fact that
> chargebacks cost merchants money, and pressured them to credit you. We
> have customers who do that and even though we know they are wrong - it
> just doesn't pay to pursue  a debt of 30-40 dollars which will involve a
> chargeback - but does that make them right?

It's the spirit of the conversation.  If I had a customer who had not used
service, disconected all but one DID and otherwise had nothing to do with us,
including turning off the auto-renew and I charged him anyway...  and after
discovering the card was no longer valid to hunt around to find another card
with the same name and charge that...

... do you not think they went to excessive lengths to charge him?  I sure do.
And I'd be pissed, too.

Sure, he didn't deactivate a DID but auto-renew was *off* -- at the very worst
he should have gotten warnings about nonpayment, then had the DID removed
from service for nonpayment.

It's *NOT* alright for a business to go to these lengths to get paid.

-A.