[asterisk-biz] transfer of a USA tollfree number needed

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Fri May 5 11:12:05 MST 2006

Robert Wolpov wrote:

> 2 questions:
>

> Why do you like the fixed price for inbound service even though, as
> you say, the fixed fee is typically higher than what it would be on a
> per minute basis?

For the same reason people buy insurance.  Risk management, or put less
dramatically, predictability.  It doesn't have to be logical.  But
knowing I have unlimited service for a fixed cost is attractive.

> What would the alternative service plan look like that you are suggesting?

There are more possibilities than I can list.

Lower per minute costs.  Doesn't have to be lowest, but double what some
competition charges sure gets my attention, especially when combined
with 1 minute increments.  I hate to get whacked for a minute when it's
really 10 seconds, because that's really a 400% markup on that 10
seconds.  Combine that with a twice-as-high rate, and I'm paying 10
times what I could be for the 10 seconds!  Sure, I know I'm not
consistently paying 10x as much - only somewhere between 2x and 10x.
Food for thought.

Maybe you can combine a fixed monthly fee with a fixed bundle of
minutes, and/or offer it in various sizes.  Or offer multiple plans.

Maybe unlimited calling for a fixed fee with standard or premium rates
for overflow calls that cause simultaneous connections?  Complicated,
but reasonable.

I can't tell you how others think.  I can only give you insight into my
mind, and I'm certainly not an important customer for Junction.

One more thought.  Perception is reality.  I might be wrong about the
multiples I'm paying for your service, but that's where I thought things
stood the last time I checked.  If I am wrong, then post comparisons.
If you are uncomfortable posting price comparisons, well, I need say no
more!

And again, I think you guys are great.  There is undoubtedly a segment
of the market that is a perfect fit for you.  I hope you find my
comments helpful.