[asterisk-biz] Re: asterisk-biz Digest, Vol 20, Issue 47

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Mon Mar 13 15:20:59 MST 2006

asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:

>The gateway works with "tesco mobile" (O2 apparently) as well...
>
>conrad

And (BTW) is anyone getting callerID info from those boxes?

Today I tried to see if connecting my gsm gateway to an FXO ATA
(Grandstream) would allow me to make guesses about what goes wrong on
the TDM 400 FXO module.

It was actually much worse to get it answering calls AND forcing the *#
$#*$ ATA to forward the incoming call to some meaningful context.

Anyways the ATA side of problems is a quite separate matter..

Back to the GSM unit, I saw no real callerID when calls were finally
answered. Unfortunately this was an inconclusive test, as the callerID
shown in the CLI was the callerID of the FXO port of the ATA itself.

I can make no hypothesis if the problem lies in the ATA just overriding
the callerID it sees on its FXO port;

    or

if it is passing a bogus callerID due to the fact that it can not read
the callerID on the phone wire...

The only point I would submit to 'those in the knowledge' is that I saw
following options in the callerID settings of the GS ATA:

    Bellcore (North America)
    ETSI-FSK (France, Germany, Norway, Taiwan, UK-CCA)
    ETSI-DTMF (Finland, Sweden)
    Denmark-DTMF

Now what I get from this list's existence is that not surprisingly in
various countries telcos did, over time, develop different ways to
encode the callerID.

This holds even for Zaptel devices: they have to cope with the same problem.

So is there a way to tell a TDM card's FXO module to try reading the
callerID in a specific format from the above list?

Does it know by itself? And can it btw even guess lottery numbers one
week in advance ? ;-)

Thanks and best regards,
Aldo