SUMMARY: [asterisk-biz] Does VoIP Really Work for Serious Business?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:44:01 MST 2006

Couldn't agree with you more.
I just want to add one thing, I do have a colocated server that has a
PRI in it, that I use for customers to call out using VoIP from them
to my colocated server. It seem to be much better than before I had
the PRI (I used VoIP LD before that), based on customer feed back.
Even over the Internet (DSL/Cable doesn't matter), from office to
office within a company things work very well and customers don't
complain (even when they are using a PRI and/or POTS on the other side
of Asterisk), could be it's because of the fact that they know it's a
VoIP connection, but because I never hear that "it sounds like a VoIP
connection" which I used to hear when using VoIP LD I doubt that it
sounds like one (minus the occasional hickups, which I think would
have been accepted on VoIP LD as well).