[asterisk-biz] Grandstream Deployment Experiences?

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:51:11 MST 2006

I occasionally get a strange message (next time I plan to print this
message) to the effect of my network is too crowded.  This happens only when
the GXPs are ringing, and it pretty much brings the whole system down.
There's only 4 GXPs right now.  I'm about to swap them tonight and see if
that fixes it.  Even after restarting Asterisk, I have to reboot each GXP
phone.  I have a couple of Cisco and Polycom on the system, but not doing
anything.  I don't really have any details on what is happening, just that I
suspect the GXPs are the culprits.  I'll know next week for sure.  It seems
to happen about every 2 or 3 days.

But, the GXPs are cheap :-)

On 6/29/06, Sikaspam <sikaspam at spamcop.net> wrote:

> Bill Madeira wrote:
> > gxp 2000 are crap, we deployed a small budget office with 17
> gxp2000,  even
> > with the latest firmware, there is alot of static and echo on the line,
> alot
> > of noise on the background also.
> >
> > we are converting to all ip501s.
>
> I've had several BT100 phones, some of which worked very well for the
> low price. I was tempted to go to the GX when it came out, but I've
> heard nothing but bad things about it on the asterisk-users list and
> voip forums.
>
> The Polycom line is excellent but obviously not in the same price range.
> I own an ip500 and it's very good. For a less expensive phone, I'd
> recommend the Sipura 941, or the new one (number?) with backlit LCD. The
> Sipura works well, has a very good web interface and AFAIK can be
> configured by ftp (or tftp?) and http as well.

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.