[asterisk-biz] Grandstream Deployment Experiences?

Sikaspam sikaspam at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 28 22:29:24 MST 2006

Bill Madeira wrote:
> gxp 2000 are crap, we deployed a small budget office with 17 gxp2000,  even
> with the latest firmware, there is alot of static and echo on the line, alot
> of noise on the background also.
>
> we are converting to all ip501s.

I've had several BT100 phones, some of which worked very well for the
low price. I was tempted to go to the GX when it came out, but I've
heard nothing but bad things about it on the asterisk-users list and
voip forums.

The Polycom line is excellent but obviously not in the same price range.
 I own an ip500 and it's very good. For a less expensive phone, I'd
recommend the Sipura 941, or the new one (number?) with backlit LCD. The
Sipura works well, has a very good web interface and AFAIK can be
configured by ftp (or tftp?) and http as well.