[asterisk-biz] Cheater Dedication

Terje Elde terje at elde.net
Wed Jun 14 09:41:11 MST 2006

Abdul Lateef wrote:
> So please suggest me how other people can be prevent
> such kind of fraud people, and where I should complain
> about this company. If any one is interested I am
> ready to post all our email communication. So anyone
> can know about this company.

A good first step would probably have been to suggest he adds the
features you need, and explain that you're interested, and would likely
buy if he did.  A lot safer than doing contract development.

Another possible choice could have been escrow of the funds, until the
product was delivered.

Also, you don't mention anything about trying to get a refund from him.

You also don't mention anything about if he's over any deadlines agreed
upon, or anything similar.

Did you even agree on deadlines for delivery?

There's no way for us to know if you're trying to discredit him because
you're generally upset with him.

For all we know, it could be the case that his code works fine, but you
were unable to set it up and use it properly.

I'm not saying I think that's the case, I'm just saying 'Slow down,
there's a right way and a wrong way to go about this, and this probably
isn't the way'.

It's sad when something ends up where you guys are, but there's always
two sides to a story, and usually neither part is entirely fault free.

Terje