[asterisk-biz] Fraud

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 08:07:17 MST 2006

We where wondering if anyone would be interested in a FREE service of the
following.

First let me tell you that voip fraud is still going on, we see problems
with providers every week, and some go belly up pretty fast.

The old rent an ilec in africa style is till going strong, and therefore we
must prevent.

Here is the idea.

We create an API , or Web portal , that would accept input (DID,Reason,Flag)
and serve a list.

This list would be a SOF (Suspicion of fraud) list in either txt,xml or both
for you to download.

Think of this as DNS black holes for the Domain name management but for
DID's

Then you would use this list as you see fit..

I would suggest a basic EXTEN,s,hangup() on these full numbers.

its better to get a call on 1 problematic number from a client then get a
call by some upstream for 50,000 minutes @ .80 cents a user dialed.

We know there are ways to limit the fraudsers, they are also monitoring this
list, are comfortable with asterisk and networks,

We just got one that had a VERIFIED Paypal login ( phishing ?) , he had the
ip in same city as original user (proxy) , he used asterisk hacks n tips to
autodial randomly without triggering any big flags till we saw egypt in the
destination.

now We all know that paypal are not as easy to getverified as they used to ,
so if one can do it , imagine with a flat merchant account.

So anyhow this service would be free...

The only thing i see we would need is basically input from you guys.

you could pull from agi, manually, or simply paste in the portal.

PS. we know we talked about something similar in the past, but that casued a
credi car dinfo problematic. this system would just deal with DID's and
reasons.

How does it sound ? ..

Mike,
Theclubvoip.com