[asterisk-biz] Fraud

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Tue Jun 6 08:33:41 MST 2006

Hi Mike,

Mike Lynchfield wrote:
> We create an API , or Web portal , that would accept input
> (DID,Reason,Flag)
> and serve a list.
>
> This list would be a SOF (Suspicion of fraud) list in either txt,xml or
> both
> for you to download.

> How does it sound ? ..

The basic idea makes a lot of sense, although I think there should also
be some meta-data like:
- what is the nature of the SOF, in text, for customer support purposes
- when was the number registered as SOF
- optionally, how many complaints were made about the number ?
- if there was an identifiable source, of the complaint or notice, who
was it ?

Our national regulator also publishes a list of numbers that have been
seen in auto-diallers. Maybe other countries do the same ?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Florian Overkamp
SpeakUp BV