[asterisk-biz] Call Center business - Dayton Ohio area

Brandon Galbraith brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:01:42 MST 2006

I myself have worked with several clients in the past who offered shared
call centers as a business. It would work as follows:

1) You're a business who needs call center/customer service services, but
are a small shop. You want the look of a large org while keeping your
company the same size, and just want to cut a check every month for the
service you need. Enter shared call center.

2) You get an 800/local number (up to you), which is then routed to the
shared call center. Based on the number dialed, the rep who answered the
call would be able to give the impression they worked for XYZ company
(again, based on inbound DID) and would provide whatever service needed
(take a trouble ticket, provide status information, etc).

Clients of this service are usually small shops (although this isn't a hard
and fast rule). They usually specialize in tech, custom manufacturing, or
niche engineering (from my experience).

Hope that helps.

-brandon

On 7/26/06, Barry D. Hassler <Barry.Hassler at hcst.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> In a recent discussion with a client, the subject of providing call
> center services as a business came up. This particular client has
> downsized rather significantly recently, and thus, has a fairly large
> spare capacity in terms of workstations, desks, etc (about 25 spare
> seats). My particular discussion with them centered around the
> possibility of providing additional voice services for them in order to
> gain momentum for an upgrade to the voice services to several
> organizations in the same building. We have direct availability of
> plenty of voice capacity (we sit directly on a major telco fiber
> network).
>
> My company provides network services, including asterisk, and their
> business isn't really "call center", but it seems to be a
> logical/practical addition to work into the available resources.
>
> Any thoughts / possibilities in terms of business plan, and potential
> clients would be appreciated! I'm thinking this group may have more
> input on the subject than many others :-)
>
> Thanks!

> Barry D. Hassler
> President
>
> HCST
> 2332 Grange Hall Road
> Beavercreek, Ohio
> 45431-2345
> http://www.hcst.net/
>
> barry.hassler at hcst.com
> +1 937-427-9000
> +1 937-427-8706 FAX
>          FWD: 3934279000
>                (655480)
>         HCST*Net Support Issues: please email support at hcst.net
>              Billing Issues: Please email billing at hcst.net

Brandon Galbraith
Email: brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
AIM: brandong00
Voice: 630.400.6992
"A true pirate starts drinking before the sun hits the yard-arm. Yarrrr.
--thelost"