[asterisk-biz] Sixtel Status

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Wed Jul 19 07:55:52 MST 2006

When I first setup my test server I signed up with exgn and even throught
the latest change I have had no problems with configuring or calling over
their service. I followed the Support provided configurations and made few
changes and all seems to be fine. I personnally have never tried calling
them or emailing support so I cannot vouch for that part of their service.

On 7/19/06, Cory Forsyth <cory.forsyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> wow, sixtel must be pretty horrible, then.
>
> I have had nothing but trouble from EXGN.  Their switch to new servers
> the other day broke my old configurations, and so I set up a trouble
> ticket.  They responded that, with 3500+ other support requests, they
> couldn't bother to take the time with me and closed my ticket!  I
> eventually had to fix it on my own, which took several hours of trial
> and error when they could have just fixed it for me quickly instead.
>
> Also, in the past 4 months I've tried calling EXGN's support number
> about 10 times, and each time I am transferred over to some overflow
> call center where someone takes my name and number and they tell me
> someone will call me back.  When I get transfered to the overflow
> center now, I don't even bother, because NOT ONCE in the 10 times that
> I have called and left a message and number have I received a call
> back.
>
> When I *do* get support from their tech people I feel like it's a
> wrestling match and that they always insinuate that if something isn't
> working it's *my* fault.
>
> Is this atypical behavior? Has anyone besides Thameem had any luck with
> EXGN?
>
> Also, is there a good VOIP provider review site where I can post this
> review?
>
> thanks,
> Cory
>
> On 7/13/06, Thameem Ansari <thameem.ansari at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It seems that sixtel is bought by exgn. I prefer exgn over sixtel.
> >
> > -Thameem
> >

> > On 7/13/06, VoIP Dealer <voipdealer at yahoo.com > wrote:
> > >

> > I've had good experiences with VoicePulse Connect (
> > connect.voicepulse.com).  They are able to port those old Nufone
> toll-free's
> > in under 24 hours and have good coverage in NJ (201/732/973), so they
> should
> > be able to handle that too.  Try calling them, ask for Martin or Matt,
> they
> > were a great help during the Nufone outage.

> --
> web: corybantic.us

Bruce
Nortex Networks