[asterisk-biz] Sixtel Status

Cory Forsyth cory.forsyth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 07:27:24 MST 2006

wow, sixtel must be pretty horrible, then.

I have had nothing but trouble from EXGN.  Their switch to new servers
the other day broke my old configurations, and so I set up a trouble
ticket.  They responded that, with 3500+ other support requests, they
couldn't bother to take the time with me and closed my ticket!  I
eventually had to fix it on my own, which took several hours of trial
and error when they could have just fixed it for me quickly instead.

Also, in the past 4 months I've tried calling EXGN's support number
about 10 times, and each time I am transferred over to some overflow
call center where someone takes my name and number and they tell me
someone will call me back.  When I get transfered to the overflow
center now, I don't even bother, because NOT ONCE in the 10 times that
I have called and left a message and number have I received a call
back.

When I *do* get support from their tech people I feel like it's a
wrestling match and that they always insinuate that if something isn't
working it's *my* fault.

Is this atypical behavior? Has anyone besides Thameem had any luck with EXGN?

Also, is there a good VOIP provider review site where I can post this review?

thanks,
Cory

On 7/13/06, Thameem Ansari <thameem.ansari at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that sixtel is bought by exgn. I prefer exgn over sixtel.
>
> -Thameem
>

> On 7/13/06, VoIP Dealer <voipdealer at yahoo.com > wrote:
> >

> I've had good experiences with VoicePulse Connect (
> connect.voicepulse.com).  They are able to port those old Nufone toll-free's
> in under 24 hours and have good coverage in NJ (201/732/973), so they should
> be able to handle that too.  Try calling them, ask for Martin or Matt, they
> were a great help during the Nufone outage.

web: corybantic.us