[asterisk-biz] marketing staregy for asterisk pbxs and defining the potential audience

Sika spam sikaspam at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 18 04:06:35 MST 2006

> As part of developing a marketing strategy I'm trying to establish who
> typically buys an asterisk based pbx and their primary reason for doing
> so.
<snip>

Interesting question, Paul. I can't answer it, but I have an opinion
about the future leverage of asterisk solutions. As someone said
recently (or should have if no one did) call cost per minute is
approaching zero in many areas. It's all about services now. The main
advantage of asterisk is the configurability and extensibility,
particularly in the SoHo 2 to 25 seat market.

I feel that your strongest push would be to sell the "mobility"
buzzword, how everyone is reachable no matter where they are, via a
single contact number, all the bells and whistles something like
asterisk can be programmed/configured to offer.

Naturally, the need to replace a pbx will always generate a window of
opportunity to say "but why buy your Dad's pbx? Get something that's
both cheaper AND better!"

Good luck!