[asterisk-biz] marketing staregy for asterisk pbxs and defining the potential audience

Melisa Teoh melisa.teoh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 23:36:34 MST 2006

On 7/18/06, Paul Matthews <paul at xedos.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As part of developing a marketing strategy I'm trying to establish who
> typically buys an asterisk based pbx and their primary reason for doing
> so.

You will probably get more meaningful feedback by approaching your target
customers than relying on this biz list for answers.
Hint: insight on customers' buying behaviour is normally considered market
intelligence by most companies.  More importantly, depending on the target
customer you are after, the feedback you gather may be very different from
another group.

I realise there could be a wide range of answers given the variables
> such as type of product, market location, features on offer, price etc
> but I was wondering in general terms whether the following list sounds
> reasonable
>
> * Companies involved in an office move (new and established companies) -
>   (30-40% of sales ?)
> * Companies migrating from an existing pbx (20-30% of sales ?)
> * Companies growing and need a pbx for the first team (10-15% ?)
> * Companies buying because of a particular feature or features (10% ?)
> * Companies buying because of the promise of cheaper/free calls (10% ?)
> * Companies wanting to link up multiple offices (10%?)

% like these can be misleading unless your research sample size is robust
enough to represent the actual market size you are researching.

Most of the above is derived from complete guesswork, conversations and