[asterisk-biz] marketing staregy for asterisk pbxs and defining the potential audience

Paul Matthews paul at xedos.net
Mon Jul 17 14:22:41 MST 2006

Hi,

As part of developing a marketing strategy I'm trying to establish who
typically buys an asterisk based pbx and their primary reason for doing
so. I realise there could be a wide range of answers given the variables
such as type of product, market location, features on offer, price etc
but I was wondering in general terms whether the following list sounds
reasonable

* Companies involved in an office move (new and established companies) -
  (30-40% of sales ?)
* Companies migrating from an existing pbx (20-30% of sales ?)
* Companies growing and need a pbx for the first team (10-15% ?)
* Companies buying because of a particular feature or features (10% ?)
* Companies buying because of the promise of cheaper/free calls (10% ?)
* Companies wanting to link up multiple offices (10%?)

Most of the above is derived from complete guesswork, conversations and
books/magazines etc and so it may seem impertinent that I have even
tried to break it down in such precise terms but I thought it better to
pose the question this way rather than simply asking who buys these
things and by what percentage

Rgds
Paul