[asterisk-biz] Re: Re: looking for a small ATA with PoE

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:17:44 MST 2006

On 7/15/06, Frank Ochmann <ochmann at loca.net> wrote:

> As I said, I am looking for an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA) with PoE
> support, NOT for an adaptor/splitter/PoE injector. The device I am
> looking for shoud be a normal ATA, but receive power over ethernet to
> work, so that no external PSU is neccessary.

What I described does what you want.

The only difference here is that you need 2 small boxes, and not one
unit - I have never seen a PoE capable ATA, so was suggesting the next
best thing. A PoE adapter turns a non PoE device into a PoE device (as
long as power drain is acceptable).

Put some glue between the ATA and the PoE adapter and it becomes a
single unit if that helps :)

Cheers,
Steve