[asterisk-biz] Asterisk VPS

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sat Jul 8 05:18:07 MST 2006

>Better than VPS?  I don't believe so. But the idea of "unlimited
>bandwidth" in conjunction with voip is dangerous. the unlmimited part
>means you're shring with whoever else is on the same pipe. For 30€ a
>month no one can give that much bandwidth to several voip users.

Actually I know some people who tried their service (I don't use it
myself), and the bandwith seems to be there (according to them).

Keep in mind that in france, free offers like 20 Mbps DSL connections
(with TV over DSL + unlimited telephony in something like 30 countries)
for something like 30 euro-bucks a month.

Free's after sales service is known to be crap, but they _do_ have
monstruous bandwith. As for dedibox, it's a separate company from the
same group so I don't know what their after sales service is like since
I've never dealt with them.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.