[asterisk-biz] Recommendation required: People dial in with user ID and password to make international calls

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue Jan 24 22:31:23 MST 2006

> Seriously though,people who use calling cards do so only because they
> see the very low per minute rates being advertised.
> They never read the fine print where all the charges get factored in.
> Who does anyway?
>
> The end result is they complain they get cheated out of their minutes.

It's funny that you mention this, since I was wondering how to cope with
this business tactics when you're in the calling card business.

My answer to the problem would be to NOT advertise rates, have no
connect / disconnect charges, and simply advertise that the card has
"the best value" and "no connection charges".

I am willing to believe that the customers will realize that your card
is better than the competition because they are not getting charged
0.40+ just because they got an answering machine...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.