[asterisk-biz] Recommendation required: People dial in with user ID and password to make international calls

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Wed Jan 25 00:04:39 MST 2006

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>> Seriously though,people who use calling cards do so only because they
>> see the very low per minute rates being advertised.
>> They never read the fine print where all the charges get factored in.
>> Who does anyway?
>>
>> The end result is they complain they get cheated out of their minutes.
>

> It's funny that you mention this, since I was wondering how to cope
> with this business tactics when you're in the calling card business.
>
> My answer to the problem would be to NOT advertise rates, have no
> connect / disconnect charges, and simply advertise that the card has
> "the best value" and "no connection charges".
>
> I am willing to believe that the customers will realize that your card
> is better than the competition because they are not getting charged
> 0.40+ just because they got an answering machine...

Very astute of you, Jean-Michel. That is precisely what I am doing.

My customers know that the rate they hear from the system when they dial
a number is what they get charged for. Nothing more, nothing less.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.