[asterisk-biz] move over vonage

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jan 14 08:41:11 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 10:37 -0500, Paul wrote:
> I have been trying for over a week now to cancel vonage. They promise to
> have someone from the account management team call and confirm my
> wishes. In the meantime they are trying to hit my paypal debit
> mastercard 3 times for another month of service. In 18 months I have
> seen lots of times when I am put in an incoming call queue and
> disconnected a few minutes later. Sometimes messages sent via web portal
> result in automated email acknowledgement and sometimes not. Replies to
> any that were acknowledged are extremely rare.
>
> Looks to me like the window of opportunity opens wider for competitors
> who can be more responsive in the customer service area.

yes but ...  vonage has 1.25M customers and over $600M in VC.  While you
can compete that doesnt mean that you will be able to compete on equal
footing, in essence you have to get the word out and with all the ads
they have running on TV and all that is gonna be harder to do.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378