[asterisk-biz] Asterisk GUI

Saul Diaz saul at cripiland.com
Fri Jan 13 17:18:36 MST 2006

Ok.  I never expect that my small screenshot will cause this big fuzz.

Let me said first that we love the Thirdlane and the Switchvox GUI.

The idea of our manager was take out the web server from the asterisk
from the beginning, we replace that with an asterisk manage proxy
(daemon), but we also needs that for listening the recordings (but we
can use a mini httpd for this).

Astlinux use Astmanproxy for example and works fine with Pbxware. We try
our manager with Astlinux and Astmanproxy and works fine. We don’t think
that we are yet at the same level than the thirdlane and the switchvox
in configuration matters but for monitoring definitely we are well
prepare for any battle… We can monitor the status of a phone and we
known in realtime when the phone have a problem, get reset, or simply
lost the registration, we can see the activity of an asterisk server
without even go to the asterisk, and like switchbox we can monitor the
cpu utilization and soon memory, and even network utilization. Making my
product better for a call center administration than a pbx or a calling
card solution, we are also almost 100% compatible with astcc.

Zoa by the way we also love your astertest, keep the good work in
asteriskguru, but sorry we hate your operator panel J.

We test our manager in a 300 seat with a predictive dialer (no asterisk)
running with about 250 - 300 simultaneous calls.

For the asterisk 1.2.X you don't need connection to the db server. You
can do a few things that allow you to avoid that, b/c after all,
asterisk is already connected to the db server if u are using real-time.
We are addressing that, for the moment we work with Mysql-Realtime.

Every of then have his pro and his cons, in our system as soon I set the
realtime. I don’t need to do anything b/c the rest is done by the
manager, making the life very easy for our customers.

The majority of this things are very hard to do in a web admin not
matter how friendly the admin is

Regards

Saul