[asterisk-biz] Seattle DID

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Sun Feb 19 23:26:22 MST 2006

As I recall the basis for North American Porting was fashined after that
which has been used for 800 numbers. With an 800 number the rule that
has been used is the owner is the user, or the person or organization
answering the phone. Any middlemen are irrelevant.

Yes, some providers will attempt to play hardball, but I will truly know
this answer soon first hand, as I am attempting to port away both a
Broadvoice number as well as a Lingo number. It is a matter of those
providers attempting to stall, however I fell there is really little
they can do to stop it. I think they really need some overwhelming
circumstances to completely stop the process.