[asterisk-biz] Seattle DID

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Feb 20 00:00:43 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 00:26 -0600, Mark wrote:
> Yes, some providers will attempt to play hardball, but I will truly know
> this answer soon first hand, as I am attempting to port away both a
> Broadvoice number as well as a Lingo number. It is a matter of those
> providers attempting to stall, however I fell there is really little
> they can do to stop it. I think they really need some overwhelming
> circumstances to completely stop the process.

broadvoice has something in their user agreement regarding porting I
think is actually illegal for them to do ...  If you port a number in
only at their discretion can you port it out.

Now I am the user of a payphone, can I port that?  Obviously it doesnt
work as cleanly in all situations.  A payphone I effectively lease the
number for the duration of the call.  I dont have any rights to that
number becuase I dont pay the bill for the service on that number to the
lec that is routing it.  As such there is a problem with trying to make
a clean law without specifically stating what the outcome must be in
certain situations.

I would look forward to hearing what you have to say after you go
through this process.  I would also be interested in whether or not
either provider actively tries to stop you from porting and at all
appears to have some success, even if that is overturned later and what
you did to get it overturned.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378