[asterisk-biz] price comparisions

Tim Booth tbooth at visioncom.us
Mon Dec 18 16:21:41 MST 2006

Henry.L.Coleman wrote:
> Hi all, I have the opportunity to propose an Asterisk system for 8 PSTN
> lines and 30 extensions. This will be replacing a Norstar Meridian.
> My main competitor will be Bell Canada. Does anybody have any experience
> with their current system offering and pricing?
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Henry L.Coleman CEO
> *VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
> Toronto Ontario
> Canada

Just a word of advice I did an install about the same size earlier this
year. If the existing key system has line keys I would explain to your
client that they will loose the ability to see those lines on their
phones and the ability to place calls on hold normally. I had to replace
a complete system with another voip system that supported working line
appearances. Its easy for us all in the business to park and retrieve
calls, due to a lack of  LINES but it's very crippling to most end users
when they actually have to do it, even when you have let them know
before selling them a system.  I hope Digium is working on this, I
thought SLA was in the latest release but I have not heard alot about it.
Anyway....just thinking out loud.