[asterisk-biz] December Specials

Mike Hammett asterisk-biz at ics-il.net
Mon Dec 11 08:28:27 MST 2006

Some providers are a wholesale provider.  Their business is engineered around selling to people that move hundreds of thousands or millions of minutes a month.  That's not a TrixBox installation.

I am still building my own business, but I plan to sell into many different markets.  I will have to engineer my business towards these on the various markets.

There are indeed two kinds of use, perhaps I labeled them wrong.  Wholesale and retail.  A wholesale operator sells DIDs, minutes, channels, etc.  A retail operator sells packages.  A wholesale user says give me an account, perform interoperability tests, goes live, and doesn't bother support.  A retail user requires much more handholding, thus needs to be priced higher.

Yes, SellVoip made a mistake and they need to resolve this.  However, the user needs to select the appropriate provider and conduct their due diligence before selecting their provider.

----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com