[asterisk-biz] Slightly off-topic: Opinions of Comcastand Bellsouth?

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:01:03 MST 2006

Bellsouth filters outgoing (and probably inbound) port 25, which is for
sending mail as a measure to "reduce spam" I think its BS, but you can get
around by having your mailhost use port 587 which is the standard for mail
submission.

Honestly, Comcast has the worst service and they are total retards. One time
I witnessed a tech connect his signal meter to a wall jack and then state
that he "added more signal" another case they sent to replace a cable modem
THREE trucks with CABLE TV techs that know nothing about internet service.
To top it off (I am not kidding) they used the lawn equipment I had sitting
in front of my house to clean my driveway... because there was nothing else
they could do.

After Wilma I did not have cable TV for three weeks. One week is the amount
of time they took to fix all the down wires, etc. Another two weeks without
cable caused by the cable between the telephone post and my house, during
which time I had to argue multiple times with Comcast because they kept on
insisting there was an "outage in the area" which was not the case, everyone
around me had cable tv and I could clearly see the broken cable drop.

Bellsouth I have only had to call their support one time after a DSL install
that would keep on loosing sync. The tech was in Costa Rica I presume, but
was very knowledgeable and was able to get the DSL up and running in one
call, by doing something on their end. The tech even had asked me what OS I
was using and when I said Linux was still willing to help with the problem!
He even expressed his preference of Linux over Windows.