[asterisk-biz] (((wireless Phones)))

bob murphy springsource at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:23:51 MST 2006

Okay thanks to everyone!

We are looking at the limksys phone and using the Cisco 1100 Access Point
that will be connected to a Cisco POE ethernet switch via RJ45 cable.  We
looked and the CP-7920 and according to Cisco, it doesnt support SIP.
Anyone know differently?  We like the 7920 and would like to go with it.
This is for a private business with a small campus.

?????

On 8/9/06, AmberVoIP <ambervoip at gmail.com> wrote:

> of course, nokia, which are
>
> gsm (3G) / wifi phone.
>
> sip voip calls even possible at 3G connection.
>
> it is very good solution for travellers (series 60 software, so you
> also get email, im etc, it can replace pc)
>
> it is advantage.
>
> nokia e60 cost today is 350 to 400 euros.
>
> cheaper solutions available too, but i do not see difference - at
> office you can use any grandstream or other ATA and cordless phone.
>
> so, from my point of view, wifi voip phone do not worth nothing :) most
> models is so big and you must carry it with you to use in several
> places with public wifi... i guess, only few percent of users will do
> that.
>
> andy.
>

> On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:55:03 -0400
> Matthew Rubenstein <email at mattruby.com> wrote:
>
> >       Which did you like better, LinkSys (model?) or Nokia e60? Do
> > you think they're a better $value than the Cisco CP-7920? Any
> > advantages in using a specific WiFi AP?
> >

> > On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 09:54 +0100, AmberVoIP wrote:
> > > not see any problem, 95% of sip equipment work with asterisk :)
> > >
> > > re: your question, tested linksys and nokia e60 wifi sip phones.
> > >
> > > andy

Bob Murphy
Principal

Arreva Communications