[asterisk-biz] (((wireless Phones)))

Cory Andrews Cory at VoIPSupply.com
Wed Aug 9 07:32:29 MST 2006

The 7920 does not support SIP, only SCCP is supported.  You also need to pay
particular attention to how you set up your APs, if you want to have the
ability for the user to roam and traverse from AP to AP without dropping
their call.  We've had good results with DLink DWS-1008 Wireless switches
and their DWL-8220AP access points.  The APs are cool because they resemble
smoke detectors, and integrate nicely into a business setting, and are PoE
capable.

Info on the DLink wireless stuff here http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=2
<http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=2&pid=434> &pid=434

Cory Andrews

++++++++++++++++++

VoIPSupply.com

From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of bob murphy
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:24 AM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] (((wireless Phones)))

Okay thanks to everyone!

We are looking at the limksys phone and using the Cisco 1100 Access Point
that will be connected to a Cisco POE ethernet switch via RJ45 cable.  We
looked and the CP-7920 and according to Cisco, it doesnt support SIP.
Anyone know differently?  We like the 7920 and would like to go with it.
This is for a private business with a small campus.

?????