[Asterisk-biz] Looking for a configuration software

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Wed Sep 28 09:10:04 MST 2005

Colin Anderson wrote:
> Demo looks very good. I like how you de-aggregate all of the various
> functions i.e. you can add *just* a voicemail or *just* a phone, with AMP
> it's kind of all or nothing. The multi-tenant is great.

Just wanted to point out that with the release of 1.10.009 you do have
more control over this. You can create just a User (and optionally
Voicemailbox) or just a Device. And the Device can be any Asterisk
supported technology. As an example I can create a Zap Device
(Zap/[channel]/XXXXXXX) and associate it with my User (Extension) so
that when I am out of the office when someone dials my extension it will
ring my cel. When I'm back in the office I can turn this off so that my
desk phone rings when my extension is dialed. The Device/User separation
in 009 lays the foundation for features like find-me/follow-me, etc.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO