[Asterisk-biz] Third-party addons with ABE?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Sep 20 15:50:05 MST 2005

Jason Becker wrote:

> Does anyone know what Digium's position is with regard to Asterisk
> Business Edition and third-party dialplans/modules/AGIs?

There is no position regarding dialplans, AGI, FastAGI or manager
interfaces. All of those are 'external' to ABE and not covered by any
license or support agreement.

> Is there a process in which third-party addons can be "blessed" by
> Digium? Would running a third-party addon void the ABE maintenance
> contract? I understand that a GPL third-party module is probably out of
> the question buy what about AGIs?

Modules that are to be loaded into Asterisk may or may not be able to
GPL, that is not clear at this point. Non-GPL modules can only be used
with ABE or other commercially licensed Asterisk versions.

Add-ons that you wish to be 'blessed' as interoperable with ABE would
need to be sent through the testing process; this would be managed by
our Product Manager for ABE, and the provider of the module would need
to sign an Interoperability Partner agreement to keep the module
up-to-date and provide support for it.

not preclude) the support department's ability to support that Asterisk
installation.