[Asterisk-biz] Third-party addons with ABE?

Justin McAteer jmcateer at digium.com
Wed Sep 21 14:54:33 MST 2005

First, I am very sorry for your hold time. Very rarely do we have long
hold queues for the sales line. When did you call?

Second, third party add-ons should not present a problem, licensing or
other-wise, as long as they do not require to be compiled with the
Asterisk Source. The Zaptel drivers are included in source form with the
Business Edition, licensed under the GPL, so the normal rules apply there.

Infact, we are currently working on a program to include 3rd party
Asterisk add-ons with the Business Edition in RPM format. These would be
included in the box with the Business Edition, probably on a separate
CD. The end-user would then be able to demo the 3rd party software and
purchase a license for that software if they wished to continue using it.

We are looking for the following types of add-ons:
Graphical User Interface
Predictive Dialer
Billing (Pre-paid)
Billing (Post-paid)
CRM Integration
Possibly Others

If any of you have any of these types of software and would be
interested in this type of arrangement, please contact me directly.

Thank You,
Justin McAteer
Sales @ Digium, Inc.
(256) 428-6228