[Asterisk-biz] RE: Is there a pricing comparison somewhere?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Fri Sep 16 05:14:39 MST 2005

>In total Asterisk is not much cheaper, but it is easier to use for the
>customer, offers more features and is mor customizable.

I don't know what you are basing this on, but I looked at implementing a
Zultys system before we decided on Asterisk, and the difference was
significant. A Zultys PBX was $13,000 and then every feature was
licensed by the seat. We wanted to have duplicate hardware for failure
proofing, and so we were at $26,000 before features. I estimated $30,000
for 20 seats. Two white label linux boxes with mirrored drives, two
channel banks off ebay, and two Sangoma A101 cards totalled about
$6,000. You might call that a cost savings.

Phones are phones, there's no scope there. I'm amazed by your Snom
comment, have you used Polycoms?

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts