[Asterisk-biz] RE: Is there a pricing comparison somewhere?

Silvio Schneider silvio.schneider at gmx.ch
Thu Sep 15 23:45:16 MST 2005

Hi Sergio,

I have tryed to figure this out as well. It is almost impossible
to get this figures.

Here in Switzerland the prices are quite high. Telefony (pbx+phone+install,
without support) for a 3 man company is around 3000 CHF
(thats about 2000 US $). The interesting thing is it scales lineary
20 people company = 20'000 CHF

But there are cheap alternativs like DTW. Check out the prices
http://www.tkr.de/shop/index.php3?action=group&value=8

To make it easier 1 € = 1.5 CHF = 1.2 US $

Voip phones for Asterisk aren't cheap either. Here in Switzerland we can
only use SNOM, everything else is not accepted by customers.
In total Asterisk is not much cheaper, but it is easier to use for the
customer, offers more features and is mor customizable.

Best Regards
Silvio.